Life is too short to be fucking around!
An important strategy that I use to make sure I‘m making the most of my time is deciding each morning what will be my intentional highlight of the day.
My intentional highlight of the day is something that I‘m looking forward to doing.
It‘s what I think will bring me the most joy and fulfillment.
Examples of my highlights of the day could be something like:
- Reading a book during my lunch break.
- Going for a bike ride.
- Spending quality time with my wife.
Having a planned highlight of the day motivates me.
It gives me something to look forward to.
And it is also a source of gratitude.
That’s why I take my highlight of the day very seriously.
I also practice another strategy that helps me free up more time for my intentional highlight of the day:
This is a list of:
- Things that don‘t need to be done by me
- Things that are not good for me
- Stuff that stresses me out
- Time wasters
Here is my current My-Not-To-Do-List!:
- Go to sleep later than 10:00 pm
- Sleep later than 5:30 am
- Drink more than three caffeinated cups of coffee in a day
- Eat later than 7:00 pm
- Eat junk food
- Bing watch random YouTube videos
- Don‘t try to please everybody
- Other people‘s responsibilities
- Not worry about the future
What do you think about these strategies?
Getintouch! and let me know what you think!